2021-11-03

 

          Light Control
          --Melissa Broder

          I have never been inside myself
          Another place wants me dead
          It is built in a ring around my core
          Like asking a donut how to live
          It can only cry and be eaten
          Don’t you see
          Angels have tried to help me
          And I smiled for them
          Feeling genuinely good and kind
          Then after a while I got tired
          Of being on good behavior
          They never asked for perfection
          But I felt I needed to perform
          And the smile stayed no matter what I did
          Even when dying improperly
          I left everyone I knew in the other room
          But I picked them back up again
          Teach me to die teach me to die
          I want to create a beautiful dying
          The end will need to be dark and soft
          Like walking home to your real mother


No comments: