2019-10-08



Such Luck
--Sidney Wade

in the larger
darknesses

of the ground
west of sight

I’m shouting
at the mountain

of silence
and depth

when
an eye opens

and I open
my mouth

to devour
the sound

of night
which in time

will filter
through all

that swings
or hums

my fist
is full

of letters
my wrist

aches like
a drum

such luck
to hold 
this compendium
of resonant

voices in
the sanatorium

of my head
whose guest-

book is
crowded

with the high-
brow and 
the low-brow
and whose

overseer
in the back-

ground prays
every day

for my bright
daughters

and the black
blue waters

they’re swimming
through and all

the possibilities
they might

swallow
and I know

my strength
and sphere

may be slight
but look

at this
handful

of light
I found

in a crack
in the ground

here
it’s for you


 [via connotation press]


No comments: