2019-09-26


Moon Jar Canto (XII)
--Dan Beachy-Quick

] the full moon is two half-moons joined
the old word for such a joint is harmony
harmony joins the two halves of the moon together
and makes the moon whole [  ] there’s a lot of emptiness
inside the moon the moon is made of this emptiness
and it is glazed a blinding white eyeless as the open
eyes of gods when hearing a heart beat
they open their eyes on the animal they hunt [  ] some
times they hunt the moon and sometimes
the moon is the hunter [  ] the moon
has a heart and that heart thinks and pulses
and I who am saying I with you as you say I
am an echo of that pulse or am I a thought
that is the moon’s thought
                                   (  )
life borrows light borrows life
I like the riddle even if I have no choice but to be it [  ] or
so I sometimes think [  ] building so much by hand
building the moon by hand
building by hand my hands and building these thoughts [  ] my
head is feet and hands [  ] the moon has a foot and a lip
and when the harmony limps or lisps
the moon needs a dark crutch to stay full and bright [  ] some
times the moon is a bow drawn back
sometimes it’s the string of the lyre [  ] some
times the moon is a pot filled with smaller moons
rings and earrings and some other singing that has no name
but adorns the emptiness [  ] adores and
adorns the emptiness as it grows inside us [



No comments: