2018-08-10



Woke up this morning wrestling the vulture of the post-trip blues. Planning starts months in advance and after that prolonged period of anticipation, when I’m finally thrown into the flash pan of gleeful experience, it all passes seemingly instantaneously. Fortunately I’ve learned that keeping busy is the best way to handle such woebegone moods, and why I was out fiddling about in the yard this morning before any of the neighbors had even left for work. And keeping busy for me has always been spliced with creating. I find ways for them to be one and the same. Where I’m most myself. And I am using a very broad understanding of the term, to include anything I might personally do, no matter how small or personal, as well as conceptually internalizing the creativity of others. Whether channeled through specific art forms, the broader connections which result from culture, even certain physical activities (at least those that don’t involved numeric values), its all liberating play to me, an expression of like human emotions, finding forms for the endless possibilities within our imagination, the intense wonder of interacting with life through the body. I welcome, seek, chase, immerse, heal myself with it all. So ever onward. No man is ever an island. 


No comments: