2018-02-28


Haiku- Winter 2017/18


sitting so low,
sun in a cold as wide
as everyday blue


coffee break,
my head murmuring
silent snowfall


snowflake-
I should be so
accepting


half moon
rabbit tos and fros 
with its shadow


winter solstice,
hours on the highway
sloped with sunset


holiday marangue
but black coffee has its own
vocubulary


new years snowfall-
the white space between
what's remembered


back in the office,
my glasses slowly falling
asleep down my nose


full moon
the grand entry
of silence


snow day
this nuthatch at the feeder
all to himself


ice fishermen
patiently holding out
for a bite of life


february thaw-
brown paper bag
mired with last autumn



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All really good Brian. I wish I could haiku, but they are simply not my forte. Have a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reading!